- What level of check should I apply for?
- If I'm under 18 years old, can I apply for any kind of Police Records Check?
- What is a Police Criminal Records Check and what information will it contain?
- What is a Police Criminal Records and Judicial Matters Check and what information will it include?
- What is a Police Vulnerable Sector Check and what information will it include?
- What if I disagree with the information that appears on my completed check?
- What databases are searched?
- What accessibility does this online system support?
- Where can I find more information about Police Records Checks?
For assistance please contact: email@example.com or call 613-549-4660 ext 2225
Welcome To K-PIC
COVID-19 NOTICE (Please Read):
Due to the continuing concerns for safety as a result of the spread of COVID-19 and to safeguard both the safety of members of the Kingston Police and members of the public, those attending must wear a mask. At this time a limit of 7 people at a time are allowed access to the lobby .
K-PIC (Kingston Police Information Check) allows applicants & agencies a way of obtaining a Police Criminal Record Check, Criminal Record & Judicial Matters Check or a Vulnerable Sector check by a totally electronic secure system.
Effective November 10, 2020 Kingston Police will only be conducting background checks for applicants meeting one of the following criteria:
- you are a resident of the City of Kingston or
- for the purpose of employment in the City of Kingston or
- for the purpose of volunteering in the City of Kingston or
- for the purpose of physically attending classes in the City of Kingston
Applicants that DO NOT reside in Kingston may still apply on line as long as they meet the following criteria:
(1) Applicant uploads two pieces of identification
(2) Applicant successfully passes the E-ID verification process
(3) the agency requiring the check is registered on K-PIC.
Applications received without meeting the above criteria will be rejected & no refund will be issued.
Note: K-PIC is not suitable for Local Police checks for the purpose of a Record Suspension/Pardon check.
Agencies requiring background checks can apply to be registered on K-PIC. Agencies have the ability to select which type of background check their agency will accept and can appoint three people to have access to those results. Once approved those agencies will have the ability to view the results of background checks that have been shared with them. Agencies will not have the ability to print results, however, they may save those results to an electronic file.
Click here for a list of the registered Agencies.
Applicants who require a background check for an agency registered on K-PIC are required to upload two pieces of identification, provide their Social Insurance Number and answer three questions generated by Equifax, through the E-ID verification system attached to K-PIC. (Step 7) Note: This is not a credit check and has no bearing on your credit history.
Applicants who Fail E-ID verification a "Fail to Identify Notice will be generated". At this point applicants will have the option to "continue anyway" or Exit the application. DO NOT CONTINUE if you reside outside of the City of Kingston. If you continue & reside inside the City of Kingston, you will be required to attend Kingston Police to pick up the results. An automated e-mail notification will be sent with pick up instructions.
Applicants who Pass E-ID verification
Once the processing of an application has been completed, the results will be uploaded to the applicants K-PIC account. The applicant will receive an automated email with a link attached to log in. A token number will be sent to your email, which allows you to view and share your results with the requesting registered agency. Once results have been shared with the original agency, applicants will have the ability to share results with other registered agencies, provided the type of background check selected meets the criteria set by that agency.
Fingerprinting for Vulnerable Sector
In some cases an applicant will be required to be fingerprinted in order to complete a Vulnerable Sector check. In these instances completion of the check will be delayed.
In compelling circumstances, where an applicant cannot apply on-line special arrangements may be made with Teresa Mayhew at 613-549-4660 extension 2225.
We apologize for this inconvenience.
Effective January 2, 2019, the fee for Police Criminal Records Checks has increased to $35
During the COVID-19 situation, access to the Kingston Police lobby is restricted to 7 people at a time. Some applicants may be required to pick up completed results.
Monday to Friday, between 8:00 a.m. & 6:00 p.m. excluding Statutory & Municipal Holidays. Applicants must produce two pieces of valid identification upon attendance.
* Please note: for the purpose of the K-PIC online system the term “Agency” will also include reference to a company or an organization.