- What level of check should I apply for?
- If I'm under 18 years old, can I apply for any kind of Police Records Check?
- What is a Police Criminal Records Check and what information will it contain?
- What is a Police Criminal Records and Judicial Matters Check and what information will it include?
- What is a Police Vulnerable Sector Check and what information will it include?
- What if I disagree with the information that appears on my completed check?
- What databases are searched?
- What accessibility does this online system support?
- Where can I find more information about Police Records Checks?
For assistance please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 613-549-4660 ext 2225
Welcome To K-PIC
COVID-19 NOTICE (Please Read):
Due to the continuing concerns for safety as a result of the spread of COVID-19 and to safeguard both the safety of members of the Kingston Police and members of the public, the Kingston Police are restricting access to the Kingston Police station and will no longer accept in person applications for Police Checks. Further the Kingston Police will perform Police Checks for immediate essential employment purposes only! The Kingston Police have temporarily suspended the service of providing background checks for volunteering. All applications must be made online. Applicants MUST upload copies of their identification; all applicants MUST have their identity E-VERIFIED to allow electronic release of checks. Police Checks can only be completed for registered agencies. If an Agency has NOT registered, then the Kingston Police cannot complete your Police Check. Click here for a list of the registered Agencies.
Only in exceptional circumstances (where the requirement is immediate and for an essential employment purpose), will the Kingston Police waive the above requirements.
If an applicant needs to be fingerprinted to complete a Vulnerable Sector check, the completion of their check will be delayed (Kingston Police have suspended fingerprinting services during the COVID outbreak).
In compelling circumstances, where an applicant cannot apply on-line special arrangements may be made with Sergeant Alyson Watt at 613-549-4660 extension 6170.
After June 2, 2020 (the current date for the end of the provincial state of emergency), the Kingston Police will re-evaluate resuming this service.
We apologize for this inconvenience.
Welcome to K-PIC - the Kingston Police Information Check System.
Effective January 2, 2019, the fee for Police Criminal Records Checks has increased to $35
EXPEDITED POLICE INFORMATION CHECKS ARE
NOT OFFERED THROUGH THE K-PIC SYSTEM.
The Information Services Division of the Kingston Police is very pleased to offer the citizens of Kingston the ability to utilize an automated online system for submitting Police Information Checks.
K-PIC will allow applicants the convenience of applying online to submit their applications 24/7 from any location. There is no paperwork required and applicants can monitor the status of their application, any time, through their own personal account. Applicants have the ability to pay for their application through a secure payment system which accepts Visa & Mastercard.
During the COVID-19 situation, access to the Kingston Police station is restricted. Applicants will NOT be able to pick up their completed results in printed format.
* Please note: for the purpose of the K-PIC online system the term “Agency” will also include reference to a company or an organization.